You don’t have to learn the hard way all the time. These tips might save you a few bucks, too. And I bet a lot of you know them already! I’ve learned them over the years, and some of them I wish I had known sooner.
1. When washing horsey laundry, stick with fragrance- and dye-free detergent, and skip the bleach, fabric softener, and dryer sheets. Some horses have bad reactions to that stuff.
2. Hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle treats thrush really, really well.
3. Gold Bond powder (original, not medicated) is handy to have in the summer for minimizing tail rubbing and preventing scratches.
4. You can never have too many towels or too much duct tape.
5. Toothpaste (the paste, not the gel) makes good bit polish.
6. Horses need sunscreen, too. I use a little baby mineral sunblock on Eli’s snip in the summer months.
View original post 22 more words